ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt HOME A-C
This church is built in a neo-medieval style. The bell tower
is off-center at the rear of the building at the left corner1.
The current building is the result of successive expansions
of a first church inaugurated in 1855. A competition was
launched in 1869 to raise a new building, won by Anatole
de Baudot. The project was postponed by the war of 1870,
and the church was only expanded, and was still
undergoing several works until 1912. The stained glass
windows, representing Saint Odile and Saint Teresa of the
Child Jesus, are from the workshop of the Mauméjean
Source : Wikipedia
The church had a Mutin organ (1914) with two keyboards.
Due to the poor condition of this instrument, it was
decided to build a new organ. The project presented
jointly by the Belgian organ manufacturer Thomas and
the French manufacturer Béthines-les-Orgues was
The aesthetic chosen for the instrument was romantic
Rhineland. It is strongly inspired by that of the organ built
in Stavelot (Belgium) in 1841 by Willem Korfmacher.
Some of the piping of the previous instrument (in
particular the Swell) could be reused. The main features
of the instrument are:
3 manual keyboards, including one expressive swell
29 real stops (of which 15 baladeurs)
Presence of a combinator
Couples in 16, 8 and 4.
Source: Orgue en France