The organs of Paris
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © 2021 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME ALL ORGANS

Ivry-sur-Seine

St-Pierre-St-Paul

3 Place de l'Église, 94200 Ivry-sur-Seine 1863 - Jean-Baptiste Stoltz

1901 - Charles Mutin

2018 - Quentin Requier (Longuenesse)

II/19 - mechanical traction- stoplist

Saint-Pierre-Saint-Paul has the oldest organ in Ivry-sur- Seine, built by Stoltz. The organ had two sets of free reeds: Cor anglais 16' on the Swell and an Euphone 16' on the pedal. The organ was inaugurated on June 4, 1863 by César Franck. At the beginning of the 20th century, the organ showed some signs of fatigue. Charles Mutin was called in for an overhaul and and enlargement in 1901. The Swell was increased to 54 notes and the stoplist was modified: the two free reed stops were replaced by a Trompette harmonique on the Swell and a Basson 16 on the Pedal. The pedal was increased to 30 notes with extension of the Tirasses GO and Récit, but without the extension of its two own stops that remained having only 18 notes. The instrument did not undergo any significant transformation or restoration until the 1980s, but would then become virtually unplayable. In 2017, a restoration was carried out by Quentin Requier and the two pedal stops were extended from 18 to 30 notes. Source and photos of the organ (with thanks) : Thierry Correard.
The present church, dedicated to St. Peter and St. Paul, is mentioned for the first time in a text of 1158. The lower part of the bell tower dates from this period. The 13th century saw the construction of two vaults whose capitals and Gothic arches are still preserved. In 1535, the staircase of honour, the entrance porch, the corresponding vault and then the right spans of the entrance were completed (one of the pillars bears the date of 1575). On the same date, the wooden vault of the central nave was completed. The vault (behind the choir and chapel of the Sacred Heart) was built in 1628 and in 1647 the stately chapel, now the Chapel of the Virgin, was built. The sacristy was built at the back of the North Chapel between 1855 and 1859. Source

Organiste titulaire

Jean-Pierre Charles

Concerts

-

Masses with organ

Saturday, 4 PM, Sunday 11:15 AM Video -

Photo : Poulpy — Travail personnel, CC BY-SA 3.0

Organs of Paris

Ivry-sur-Seine

St-Pierre-St-Paul

3 Place de l'Église, 94200 Ivry-sur-Seine 1863 - Jean-Baptiste Stoltz

1901 - Charles Mutin

2018 - Quentin Requier (Longuenesse)

II/19 - mechanical traction- stoplist

ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt ALL ORGANS
Saint-Pierre-Saint-Paul has the oldest organ in Ivry-sur- Seine, built by Stoltz. The organ had two sets of free reeds: Cor anglais 16' on the Swell and an Euphone 16' on the pedal. The organ was inaugurated on June 4, 1863 by César Franck. At the beginning of the 20th century, the organ showed some signs of fatigue. Charles Mutin was called in for an overhaul and and enlargement in 1901. The Swell was increased to 54 notes and the stoplist was modified: the two free reed stops were replaced by a Trompette harmonique on the Swell and a Basson 16 on the Pedal. The pedal was increased to 30 notes with extension of the Tirasses GO and Récit, but without the extension of its two own stops that remained having only 18 notes. The instrument did not undergo any significant transformation or restoration until the 1980s, but would then become virtually unplayable. In 2017, a restoration was carried out by Quentin Requier and the two pedal stops were extended from 18 to 30 notes. Source and photos of the organ (with thanks) : Thierry Correard.

Organiste titulaire

Jean-Pierre Charles

Concerts

-

Masses with organ

Saturday, 4 PM, Sunday 11:15 AM Video -