5 Place de l'Église, 92210 Saint-Cloud
1877 - Aristide Cavaillé-Coll
1926 - Auguste Convers
1973 - Adrien Maciet
2006 - Pascal Quoirin
mechanical traction (keyboards)
electrical traction (stops)
ORGANS OF PARIS © 2023 Vincent Hildebrandt ALL ORGANS
Famous organists in the past: Charles Gounod, Henri Busser,
Joseph Noyon and Gaston Litaize.
Masses with organ
Saturday 6.30 p.m., Sunday 11.15 a.m.
Photo: Jeroen de Haan
The Grand Organ of the Saint-Clodoald church is derived
from a small series of Cavaillé-Coll manufacture, ordered
in 1876. The primitive instrument, with 15 stops (19 stops
with borrowings), had two 56-notes manual keyboards and
a 30-notes pedalboard.
Charles Gounod played because he owned a villa in Saint-
Cloud located not far from the church. The reception took
place on August 25, 1877. It was revised by Cavaillé-Coll in
1899 who took care of the combination pedals. The first
major reshuffle took place in 1926 with the
implementation of an expressive positive of 10 stops by
the organ-builder Auguste Convers. This transformation
was not success. In 1956 a new electric console was
installed, but this was not enough to guarantee normal
use of the instrument, which remained silent for several
years. In December 1995, the decision was made to
restore it and the reconstruction took shape in 2003 with:
The reconstruction of the Cavaillé-Coll stops in their
The reconstruction of other stops with existing
equipment or the addition of new registers.
The instrument was inaugurated in 2006.