ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt HOME A-C
Built in 1855, the chapel was consecrated on May 1,
1860. Its crypt houses the relic of the heart of
Mother Anne-Marie Javouhey, founder of the St.
Joseph's Sisters of Cluny who died in 1851. Built by
architect Lebreton, the building is in neo-Gothic
style, inspired by the 13th century with a fine spire. It
has a rich painted decoration.
The instrument was built by the Boisseau factor in
1963. In classic-French style, this "eight-foot single"
in the words of Dom Bedos, had to consist of 19
stops spread over 3 keyboards but only 13
stopswere realized. The instrument was inaugurated
by Edouard Souberbielle.
Masses with organ
Sunday at 9 AM (Tierces then Mass).