The organs of Paris
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © 2020 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME A-C

Chapelle des

Pères Franciscains

7, rue Marie-Rose, 75014 Paris

19xx - Yves Sévère

1984 - Benoist et Sarelot

II/16 (15) - mechanical traction - Stoplist

The Frères mineurs returned to France after the war of 1914-1918. In 1933, they decided to build their provincial convent there, the seat of the Province of Paris. The building was built of brick between 1934 and 1935 by architects Victor Blavette, Paul Gélis and Louis-Jean Hulot, following the inspiration of Dom Bellot, a Benedictine architect who then inspired a revival of sacred art. The chapel is a remarkable example of the sacred art of the 1930s and houses a series of glass windows due to André Pierre, Pierre Villette and Claude Malespine. Masses with organ Saturday 6 PM, Sunday 9:30 and 10h30 AM
The instrument was built by Yves Severus at an unknown date. In 1984, it was restored by Benoist and Sarélot. Initially placed at the back of the choir, he was placed on the tribune at an unknown date.
Organs of Paris

Chapelle des

Pères Franciscains

7, rue Marie-Rose, 75014 Paris

19xx - Yves Sévère

1984 - Benoist et Sarelot

II/16 (15) - mechanical traction - Stoplist

ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt HOME A-C
The instrument was built by Yves Severus at an unknown date. In 1984, it was restored by Benoist and Sarélot. Initially placed at the back of the choir, he was placed on the tribune at an unknown date.