ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt ALL ORGANS
This is a small serial Cavaillé-Coll (built around 1887)
which was located in the mansion of Gigout at 63 bis
rue Jouffroy (XVII Arr). The organ was equipped with a
hand-held wind supply that his students operated
themselves during classes.
Gigout being then very friendly of Aristide Cavaillé-
Coll, he obtained the instrument at a very low price.
Gigout sold his organ in 1900 to the School of the
Franks-Bourgeois. It was inaugurated by Louis Vierne
that same year.
Beuchet re-harmonized it in 1950 and added a Plein
Jeu to the Swell and a Soubasse to the pedal (from
Bourdon 16 of the GO).
Photo: Eugène Gigout on his organ at his home at 63 bis
rue Jouffroy with some foreign students