A convent of strict observance of the Order of the Frères Prêcheurs, it was founded by Father Sébastien Michaelis in 1611-1613. Closed in 1792, it gave its name to the famous Jacobin club which had appropriated it as a meeting place. Located on the present site of the Saint-Honoré market, it was destroyed in 1809. During the restoration of the Dominican order by Brother Henri Lacordaire, a convent was built at 222 rue du Faubourg-Saint-Honoré under the name of Convent of the Holy Sacrament. It regained its former title, convent of the Annunciation, in 1952. The neo-Romanesque church was built between 1877 and 1897 by architect Paul Marbeau.
The organs of Paris
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © 2021 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME ALL ORGANS

Chapelle du couvent

des Dominicains

222, rue du faubourg Saint-Honoré, 75008 Paris

1879 - Merklin

193x - Cavaillé-Coll-Pleyel

1956 - Xavier Guerner

1985 - Xavier Silbermann

2000 - Dargassies

2020 - Sébastien Braillon

II/30 - mechanical traction - stoplist

Photo: Jeroen de Haan

Organiste titulaire

Jacques Kauffmann, P. François-Xavier Ledoux

Concerts

Regularly

Masses with organ

Sunday, 9 and 11 AM and 7 PM (vespers) Video Jorris Sauquet Acclamations de Jean Langlais
The instrument was made by Merklin in 1879 and installed at the Albert the Great Hall and inaugurated by Gigout and Guilmant. When the Dominicans were expelled, the church took the name of Albert the Great Hall where Gigout taught. In 1894, the organ was equipped with a new buffet, offered by a generous donor. The instrument was awarded at the 1900 Exhibition- Universal. Later, the stoplist was changed slightly by the house Cavaillé-Coll-Pleyel. Between 1953 and 1956, the titular organist at the time Xavier Guerner made a series of transformations with the help of Chéron in order to adapt the stoplist to the neo-classical style, in vogue at the time. In 1985, a restoration/reconstruction was done by Xavier Silbermann of Thonon-les-Bains, with a re- harmonization in the neo-Baroque style. In 2020, works were done to return to a more romantic aesthetic by Sébastien Braillon (Illfurth, 68). He replaced all the reeds of the Great and the Pedal with reeds according to Bertounèche's model and replaced a Voix Céleste on the Swell.
Organs of Paris

Chapelle du

couvent

des Dominicains

222, rue du faubourg Saint-Honoré, 75008 Paris

1879 - Merklin

193x - Cavaillé-Coll-Pleyel

1956 - Xavier Guerner

1985 - Xavier Silbermann

2000 - Dargassies

2020 - Sébastien Braillon

II/30 - mechanical traction - stoplist

Photo: Jeroen de Haan
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt ALL ORGANS
The instrument was made by Merklin in 1879 and installed at the Albert the Great Hall and inaugurated by Gigout and Guilmant. When the Dominicans were expelled, the church took the name of Albert the Great Hall where Gigout taught. In 1894, the organ was equipped with a new buffet, offered by a generous donor. The instrument was awarded at the 1900 Exhibition-Universal. Later, the stoplist was changed slightly by the house Cavaillé- Coll-Pleyel. Between 1953 and 1956, the titular organist at the time Xavier Guerner made a series of transformations with the help of Chéron in order to adapt the stoplist to the neo-classical style, in vogue at the time. In 1985, a restoration/reconstruction was done by Xavier Silbermann of Thonon-les-Bains, with a re- harmonization in the neo-Baroque style. In 2020, works were done to return to a more romantic aesthetic by Sébastien Braillon (Illfurth, 68). He replaced all the reeds of the Great and the Pedal with reeds according to Bertounèche's model and replaced a Voix Céleste on the Swell.

Organiste titulaire

Jacques Kauffmann, P. François-Xavier Ledoux

Concerts

Regularly

Masses with organ

Sunday, 9 and 11 AM and 7 PM (vespers) Video Jorris Sauquet Acclamations de Jean Langlais