Dame de l'hôpital
1, place Alphonse Laveran, 75005 Paris
1853 - Cavaillé-Coll
1885 - Merklin
1927 - J.M. Koenig
1993 - François Delangue et Bernard Hurvy
Photo: Pierre Marteau
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt HOME A-C
Suppléant: Yannick Merlin
Famous organists in the past: Clément Loret (1833-1909)
Every Sunday afternoon 5.30p.m.
Masses with organ
The organ was built by Aristide Cavaillé-Coll in 1853, for
the church of Sainte-Geneviève, which became the
Pantheon in 1885. The organ was then transferred to the
Val-de-Grâce by Merklin. The last time it was heard in the
Pantheon was probably at funeral of Victor Hugo.
In 1927, maintenance was carried out by Paul-Marie
Koenig. It was restored by François Delangue and Bernard
Hurvy in 1933.
The organ of Val-de-Grâce is one the rare authentic organs
of Cavaillé-Coll in Paris and sounds beautiful, empowered
by the beautiful acoustics of the church itself.
Site of the organ