The organs of Paris
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © 2020 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME A-C

Cathédrale Sainte-Croix

de Paris des Arméniens

(former église Saint-Jean-Saint-François)

13, rue du Perche, 75003 Paris Orgue de tribune

1844 - Cavaillé-Coll

1926 – p.m. Koenig

1956 - Beuchet

II/19 - mechanical traction - stoplist

Orgue de choeur

1860 - Cavaillé-Coll

2019 - Yves Fossaert

II/8 - mechanical traction - stoplist

Photo GO/OdC: Pierre Marteau
Located in the heart of the Marais, the Cathedral of the Armenians is one of the architectural jewels of the district. The Church of the Capuchins of the Marais, founded in 1622, was rebuilt in the early 18th century and was then called St. John Saint-François. Assigned to parish worship in 1803, its very simple architecture underwent few modifications: a large rectangular hall covered by a basket handle vault, to which is added a single collateral, in accordance with the Franciscan tradition. The plan for the choir, rebuilt in 1828 by Hippolyte Godde, also remained in its original layout. The gate on the courtyard was built by Victor Baltard in 1855. In 1970,the church, then closed to worship, was entrusted by Cardinal Marty to the Armenian community who was looking for a parish church.

Organiste titulaire

? Famous organists in the past: César Franck (titulaire from 1851 - 1858), Théo Delibes

Concerts

-

Masses woth organ

Saturday 5:30 PM, Sunday 11 AM Video -
Great Organ The Great Organ was commissioned in 1844 from Dominique, Aristide and Vincent Cavaillé-Coll, replacing a small instrument from Somer. Cavaillé-Coll then installed the instrument in a buffet made by the master sculptor Liénard. The instrument had previously been exhibited at the 1844 World's Fair. In 1926, the instrument was enlarged by Paul-Marie Koenig from Caen. The range of the pedal and keyboards were extended. In 1956, The Beuchet House carried out a renovation and some transformations. Since then, the instrument has suffered from the clumsiness of various factors. Choir organ The choir organ was built by Cavaillé-Coll and delivered on April 24, 1860, in a buffet designed by Hyppolite Godde. Unlike the Grand Organ, its pipes, cut to the tone, have been fully preserved, as has its harmony. In 2019, following the restoration of the cathedral, the instrument was fully restored by Yves Fossaert.
Organs of Paris

Cathédrale

Sainte-Croix

de Paris des

Arméniens

(former église Saint-Jean-Saint-François)

13, rue du Perche, 75003 Paris Orgue de tribune

1844 - Cavaillé-Coll

1926 – p.m. Koenig

1956 - Beuchet

II/19 - mechanical traction - stoplist

Orgue de choeur

1860 - Cavaillé-Coll

2019 - Yves Fossaert

II/8 - mechanical traction - stoplist

Photo GO/OdC: Pierre Marteau
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt HOME A-C

Organiste titulaire

? Famous organists in the past: César Franck (titulaire from 1851 - 1858), Théo Delibes

Concerts

-

Masses woth organ

Saturday 5:30 PM, Sunday 11 AM Video -
Great Organ The Great Organ was commissioned in 1844 from Dominique, Aristide and Vincent Cavaillé-Coll, replacing a small instrument from Somer. Cavaillé-Coll then installed the instrument in a buffet made by the master sculptor Liénard. The instrument had previously been exhibited at the 1844 World's Fair. In 1926, the instrument was enlarged by Paul-Marie Koenig from Caen. The range of the pedal and keyboards were extended. In 1956, The Beuchet House carried out a renovation and some transformations. Since then, the instrument has suffered from the clumsiness of various factors. Choir organ The choir organ was built by Cavaillé-Coll and delivered on April 24, 1860, in a buffet designed by Hyppolite Godde. Unlike the Grand Organ, its pipes, cut to the tone, have been fully preserved, as has its harmony. In 2019, following the restoration of the cathedral, the instrument was fully restored by Yves Fossaert.